Monday, May 23, 2011

She WALKS!!!

We've been working on walking for awhile now. Amelia's confidence has been growing. Just this weekend alone I saw huge improvements in her attempts at walking.

On Friday she took three quick steps - practically running to the safety of my arms.


On Saturday she walked around the neighborhood insistent on holding both my hands. If I even tried to pull one of my hands away she'd sink to her knees and refuse to walk. It was both frustrating and funny.

Yesterday we cruised around the front yard, but this time she paraded around confidently only holding one of my hands. She did amazingly well at regaining her balance when she faltered and seemed so proud of herself.

Then today when I picked her up from daycare she greeted me the biggest grin ever. Who would have ever guessed that minutes later she'd close the gap between us by proudly staggering 8 steps to me. I shouted in pride and excitement while I fought back tears. I was SO happy for my little girl, but so sad that she's growing up so fast.

When we got home I subjected her to some videotaping...




I promise she's fine at the end. It looks, and sounds, worse than it was - she didn't even cry!

No comments: