Thursday, August 26, 2010

Welcome, Claire!

Today I got wonderful news. One of my best friends gave birth to her daughter. Claire Louise Charbonneau entered the world at 12:30pm at 8lbs, 7oz and 19.5" long. She's a beautiful little munchkin with the most kissable cheeks and spiky black hair.

When her momma called me I heard a cry in the background and pretty much broke into tears. Tears of happiness. While I've always been ridiculously excited about the arrival of babies into this world, this entrance seemed a little different. Erin is the first of my friends to have a baby after me. Her fabulous news seemed to have new meaning to me because I finally understood what it was like to bring that precious little person into the world and I was SO excited that Erin finally experienced the miracle herself.

I raced to the hospital to meet this little peanut and got to hold her 3 hours into this great big world. As I stared at her sweet sleeping face I was flooded with the overwhelming love I had for Amelia when I held her for the first time 5 months ago. It also hit me that I held Claire sooner than I held my own daughter. Claire was 3 hours old; Amelia was almost 4.5 hours. The affects of my c-section prevented me from doing more than allowing a tiny little bundle to be snuggled up to my side as I was wheeled from the OR to a recovery room. Until the drugs wore-off and I was feeling better my sweet Amelia was loved and snuggled by her daddy, Auntie Abby and the nursing staff.

When I got home, I snuggled Amelia and just stared at her trying to remember how tiny she was in my arms those first few days. When she cried, I realized she doesn't have that newborn cry anymore. But she is still that sweet, sweet, sweet little girl who will grow up loved so much that I pray she'll be one of the strongest women I know. With Claire right there alongside her as her partner-in-crime, driving me and her momma absolutely crazy. :)

Congratulations, Erin & Andrew! Welcome, Claire!
We love you all!

No comments: