Friday, May 15, 2009

First week down

So I've almost made it through my first week at home (it's not 5pm yet so can't call it complete). It went faster than I thought it would. I made a lot of good contacts with people and am feeling better about it all. It has been nice to go to Jazzercise everyday and get some things done around the house.

This week I've tried to clean-up around the house focusing on one room at a time. I started with the kitchen but it's a mess again. I think that's because we use it so much. Oh well. Today I'm going to tackle the bedroom but I don't think I can bring myself to organize the closet. I cringe everytime I walk in there but seriously, that is a rainy day project and the sun is out today.

Next week I'm going to get acquainted with all the crap in our basement. I'm going to organize it into KEEP, TRASH and SELL piles. Then the KEEP pile will get organized, the TRASH pile will get taken to the dump (need to find it - I've never been!) and then the SELL stuff will get listed on Craig's List or eBay. I know there's a lot of clothes down there too so those may go to a consignment shop. I am not looking forward to that project so hopefully the weekend will not fly by too quickly.

If all works out I may not have to play in the basement too much. Next week I may be going over to Lake Placid to do some work for my old boss who now works for The White Face Lodge. After almost 5 years of using the catering software we used at Topnotch, I know it pretty well. They use the same program at White Face so Missy asked me to come train her new Sales Coordinator. Woo hoo!

And the other big news is that the old HR Director from Topnotch also emailed me. When he left Topnotch he went to the local hospital as the HR Director there. A few months ago he left the hospital to be the HR Director at a resort down in Georgia. He got my email and said if I wanted him to he'd email the person who took his position at the hospital and see if she'd meet with me. She said she'd love to meet me so now I'm just waiting for her assistant to call and setup the appointment. I would love a job at the hospital so that was exciting to have Ron help me make that connection.

Okay, I need to jump in the shower, tackle the bedroom and then go see if I can find a waitressing or bartending gig. I think that even if I find a full-time job soon, I'll still work on the weekends during the summer since Shaun will be working so much. Might as well make some money while I can and not to brag, but I was a darn good waitress and bartender; and, I always enjoyed it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you are doing well.. we should chat again this week!

Ashley said...

yea! for getting a helping hand. I wish I knew someone up there I could get you in touch with :(