Thursday, May 28, 2009

Week Three

I can't believe how quickly the last three weeks have gone by! It's already the end of Week 3. It seems like just the other day I got the news I needed to pack-up my office.

One of the nicest things about being home is being able to spend Thursdays with Shaun, who has Thursdays off. Last week the weather was BEAUTIFUL and we went for a picnic and bike ride. Our bike ride ended up being way longer than we intended. What was supposed to maybe be a few miles turned into FIFTEEN (yes, 15!) miles. We were WIPED OUT after that. And, my butt hurt for a few days. :)

This week the weather was not nearly as fabulous. Pretty crappy actually - cold and raining. So, we slept in - or tried to and had a slow morning before I had a phone interview (yea!!!). Then it was off to lunch, go see NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN and take care of some other errands.

So back to the phone interview. It's for a position with the Vermont Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society doing event planning for their fundraising events. The job sounds fabulous and I'm hoping I get a call for second round of interviews, which will be in-person during the second week of June. Keep your fingers crossed!

Okay, I think that's it for now. Next week I'm headed over to The White Face Lodge in Lake Placid, NY for a few days. I'm very excited to see my old boss/friend Melissa who is the Director of Sales & Marketing at the resort. Unfortunately Shaun is stuck here but he's a good sport about it. :)

p.s. I saw this image the other day and liked it so saved it for one of my posts. I think it's kinda funny and definitely something to keep in mind as I'm looking for my next adventure in the world of careers. :)

No comments: