Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In a good place

UNEMPLOYMENT UPDATE: So it's Day 3 of my unplanned vacation. I'm in a much better place than I was on Monday. I'm feeling more positive about things and really feel like things will work out. I got some good replies from the mass email I sent out so that was really reassuring.

I've decided the best thing to do is make the best of it. I'm trying to stay in a routine with going to Jazzercise, doing Wii Fit, looking for jobs, cleaning the house (1 room a day! LOL!) and trying to enjoy the weather. I might even see what kind of webinars I can take online to keep my brain working. :)

I also have to admit that I'm really looking forward to spending tomorrow with Shaun since he has Thursdays off. I feel kinda bad that he doesn't have a day to himself, but it will be nice to have some time with him.

OTHER STUFF: I talked to Rachel today for the first time in awhile. It was so nice to chat with her. She told me her mom is going over to South Korea and then to Bali with her. I was SO excited to hear that. I know Rachel is psyched to see her mom and it makes me super happy she gets to. I just wish I could make it over there at some point.

One funny thing that worked out well with losing my job is that I bought tickets to a Kid Rock concert as a surprise for Shaun. I wasn't sure if we'd make it since it is during the US Open but I figured we could always sell them. Now it looks like we can go ourselves. Yippee!!

I know I still need to post pics from the wedding and Grace's baptism. Of course the dryer and the dishwasher just beeped so I'll go take care of those and then try to jump on here and do that. Since I'm going to Jazzercise tonight, I also want to go for a walk this afternoon. It's about 70* out so I'm going to soak up some Vitamin D while I can.

No comments: