Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Daycare hunt

First of all, I have not forgotten about the ultrasound pictures from my appointment last week. Sadly, I still can't get the scanner to work, which is such a bummer. I think I might just unplug the silly thing and reboot it. I am working on it though, I promise.

Last Thursday Shaun and I started the daycare search. How stressful! Our little one isn't even 3 inches long and we're looking for someone else to help care for it. How unnerving. If we could afford it and I wouldn't go absolutely crazy, I would just stay home. Please don't judge me but as much as I know I want to be a mom, I know I need to work. I would go crazy if I didn't. I love kids but I need that adult interaction and responsibility. However, it is stressful to find someone that can care for our child as well, or better, than we can and not do something like this when I'm at work and oblivious to their ways.

We went to two places that friends have recommended. The first place was small and the woman was so nice. She was incredibly friendly and we both liked the feel of the place. The bummer is that she doesn't have an opening until September 2010. However, she did say that sometimes things happen and an opening comes up.

The second place was a bigger center. I almost had to run out of the baby room it stunk so badly. I don't know if they had just changed a really stinky diaper or what but it also seemed like it was a permanent smell. It was gross. The rest of the place was okay but I couldn't take that infant room. They did have an opening for May 1st that they would hold until June 1st but I would definitely have to go back and make sure that nasty smell isn't permanent. And honestly, at this point, I think both Shaun and I are both just more interested in finding other options.

So, this Thursday we're going to three places. An in-home and 2 centers. Abby's kids both went to the in-home and love the woman. I'm interested to check her out. I've already been warned she's not talkative with parents but amazing with the kids so this should be interesting. :)

Then after the visits I'm off to Cape Cod for the weekend for work. Challenge Walk is this weekend. Participants walk 20 miles on both Friday & Saturday and then 10 on Sunday. We have a staff meeting at 5:30am each morning. God help me. Exhaustion has moved in and kicked my butt. Yesterday I fell asleep on Abby's couch with Anna on top of me as we watched a movie. Then I fell asleep on the couch watching TV later that evening. Of course when I went upstairs, brushed my teeth and went to bed I was wide awake. I swear my toothpaste is spiked with caffeine or something. And then just today I came home and passed out on the couch after telling Shaun I just needed to sit down for 5 minutes before I made dinner. He had to wake me up an hour later but luckily he made dinner.

With that in mind, I'm off to bed.

No comments: