Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First appointment

I had my first appointment with the OB today.  Well, actually the woman I met with is a midwife, not an OB.  She was nice and I liked her.  I had an ultrasound and got to see Baby Z moving around like a Mexican Jumping Bean.  It was waving and seriously, jumping up and down like crazy.  The midwife thought it was so funny and had the hardest time getting a good shot to measure him/her.  I also got to hear the heartbeat.  I really wish Shaun had been there.  He would gotten a kick out of it all.

Now we have to decide if we're doing any genetic testing.  UGH!  I don't know.  There is a part of me that says "no, because it wouldn't change anything."  But, and don't judge me, there is a part of me that says even though it won't change anything, if there was something wrong it would give us a heads up and a chance to prepare for it.  One of the tests is an ultrasound and blood test which would have to take place soon so I guess we better figure it out.  Blah.

Tomorrow morning we are looking at two daycare centers.  Crazy! Both of them are places that people have recommended.  One is my co-worker's daycare, which is right around the corner from my office and she loves it. The other one is where our friends Rey & Ann's daughters go and they RAVE about the place.   It is between our house and my office.  So both are ideal locations.  The only other one I have even thought about, or know anything about, is the in-home program that Anna and Oliver go to.  Abby has always seemed very happy with it and the kids are happy so that's probably our first choice.  Other than that, we have no ideas on other places so I need to do my homework.  Oh goody.

Well, I'm sure you're wondering where the pics are from today.  The scanner isn't working. BOO!  So, as soon as I can get them uploaded, I will.  I promise. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so exciting! i am loving the updates! miss you!