Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The tale of the awful dinner

A few months ago our friends Abby and Dave had us over for dinner. They made this fabulous dinner called Aromatic Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce. Or something very close to that. Anyway, it was awesome and both Shaun and I loved it. Dave told me where to find it online and I printed it out the next day. A couple weeks later I made it with the one addition Shaun insisted on, chicken.

This morning I decided I really wanted to have it for dinner. This dish consists of rice noodles, snap peas, broccoli, peanuts, homemade peanut sauce and of course, Shaun's chicken. It's easy to make and super yummy. All day I was looking forward to having it tonight. Well, that was a mistake.

I made dinner and just as I thought I was almost done Shaun pointed out I hadn't made the chicken. D*%n chicken! In my pregnancy pissyness I made the freaking chicken. I was hungry and moody. Never a good combination. Well, I'm not sure what happened but everything went downhill from there. The noodles congealed together and it was just hard to mix up.

We sat down to dinner, took one bite and almost got up and threw everything away. It was awful. I don't know if I built it up so much that I just screwed up or what but it was terrible. It also didn't help that Shaun was trying to be funny about how it wasn't bad when it was obvious he disliked it as much as I did. Grrr.

Then to top it all off, I was doing the dishes and when I was throwing away the leftovers, I almost lost the dinner I did manage to get down. What a crappy dinner!!!!

No comments: