Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big Day

Today was a big day for our little peanut.

First, she slept for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS straight last night. I know how H-U-G-E that is so I probably shouldn't be sharing because I'm probably jinxing any chances of it happening again anytime soon. However, I was SO impressed, I had to share.

Amelia also slept in her crib for the first time this morning. We were trying to get ready to take her to her newborn photo shoot and I wanted to use the monitor so we could move around as needed without worrying who had her in sight. It was so weird to see her in her crib since she sleeps in a bassinet next to me in our room. She looks SO tiny in that big crib. But she must've been comfy because she slept for over an hour.

Another first followed her nap with a bath to get cleaned up for her photos. Since she lost her umbilical cord overnight on Monday we were able to give her a real bath instead of just a sponge bath. She LOVES the sprayer. Shaun took some pictures and a video but I'm blogging from my BlackBerry while the princess sleeps on my lap so I'll upload images later.

The photo shoot went well. As I mentioned below in the post with the sneak peek of a few images, AJ totally showed off her strength. She already holds up her head really well and has no problems throwing her weight around. It's scary as anything with how hard she can do it but also how quickly she can move her little body. She is going to be a tough cookie and if we're luckily, athletically gifted like her daddy! :)

No comments: