Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia Day, BBQs, Vegemite & Family








I finally got to see Shaun in Sydney - it was so nice to see him! We went and climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge at twilight. It was amazing. Just a bummer that they don't let you take a camera up with you. Luckily we got a picture from them so I will post that when we get home. The view was gorgeous and it was magical being up there as the day turned into night.

The next day we made our way to Brisbane. James was playing a quarterfinal match against Roger Federer while we were flying. I got on the plane so sad because Roger broke James' first service game so he was already down 2-0. Luckily they had TVs on the plane and one of the channels had a little live score box to keep me updated. After 10 minutes of complimentary TV I made Shaun give me the credit card so I could pay $4 so I could know what was going on. Unfortunately, James lost so that was a bummer. Good thing we were meeting up with family.

Its been so nice to see Shaun's parents and his sister and her family. Georgia, his niece, was so excited to see us when we picked her up from preschool. We've had lots of barbecues and are adapting to the humidity that wasn't so obvious in Sydney and Melbourne.


We even went up to his Grandma's one day. She was so excited to have all us up there with her. The picture above is of all of us kids with her.

Yesterday was Australia Day so we all went to his sister's for a barbecue - it was a great way to spend the way. All the neighbors were barbecuing (It must be a rule that you have to BBQ on Australia Day) so the whole block smelled so good. Afterwards Shaun and I went to see JUNO at the movies. It was great - such a funny movie.

This morning we went and saw one of Shaun's friends, Michael, who Shaun has known since the 5th grade. His wife Melissa is a sweetheart and they have 3 GORGEOUS little girls - Chloe, Amy & Freya. I had so much fun. Chloe and Amy were little hams and loved my camera - I got the cutest photos. Freya is only 9 months old and such a happy baby and good little cuddler - I absolutely adored her. There is a family pic of them above. Aren't they a good looking family? :)

This afternoon we're supposed to meet up with another friend, Kurt, and his girlfriend Sophie. I love both of them - they are two great people. I think the plan is to go to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the museum, which I'm looking forward to.

Tonight is another BBQ with the family. Tomorrow morning we head home. :( It's all going so fast.

Well, Shaun is anxious to go and buy some Vegemite before we forget and then he doesn't have any at home. So, I better end this for now. I'm guessing my next update will be once I'm back in the states...

No comments: