Monday, January 14, 2008

Welcome to Sydney!




I finally got here...yesterday. From door to door (remember, there was a LONG layover in LAX - about 12 hours AND includes my drive to the airport and from the airport to the hotel) it took me about 40 hours. I got to the hotel showered and then headed out to explore. The hotel is right near the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Circular Quay (pronounced KEY) where the Sydney Opera House sits.

Last night I hit the pillow early. My feet swelled so much on the plane and then walking around bothered them more. By 8pm I was sore, tired and looking for a good nights rest. Thankfully I got it and my ankles are almost back to their normal size. Swelling should be done away with - it's awful.

The weather has not been fabulous. It's been cloudy, cool and rainy. Total bummer. I cannot wait for Melbourne - they are having fantastically hot days. I cannot wait!

I was able to get a charger for my camera battery so while it's sunny I'm off to shoot some photos before I meet up with my clients to do a city tour and go to dinner at a restaurant on the beach in Watson's Bay. Now I just need to figure out how to download some pics so you have something to look at instead of just reading my lovely little posts. :)

No comments: