Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HOME!

We finally got home at 2am this morning. Our trip home started with a flight from Brisbane to Sydney. Easy and quick.



The flight from Sydney to Los Angeles was obviously long...and more bumpy that normal. Neither one of us really slept - it was awful. I watched four movies and read my book to try and make the 12.5 hours go by faster. Unfortunately when I got to LA I felt so dizzy, had a terrible headache and felt totally out of it.



Our flight to Washington, DC went much better and when we got there I felt a lot better. Guess it's a good thing I got some sleep on that flight.



Of course things were going too well so our last flight had to be delayed. Instead of getting home at 11:30pm, we left DC at 11:45pm. And then to top it off, one of Shaun's bags didn't make it all the way home. Go figure!



Once we got home and got into bed it was 2am and we didn't get up until 2pm this afternoon. Sad, I know but it was AWESOME sleep. After going to work for a few hours and futzing around tonight, I'm ready for bed again. I hate jet lag!



Well, on Thursday AM I'm off to San Diego for the Fed Cup - USA vs. Germany. That should be fun but I hope it warms up - it was COLD in LA when we were there for our layover.



It's nice to be home but I already miss the daylight (sunlight until almost 9pm) and the warm weather. And of course, it's always hard to leave family, especially when you only see them once a year. I look forward to our next trip and I know Shaun does too.

No comments: